Appearance To Grow Taller
By cleverly organising the visual elements of clothes and their design, you can manipulate the way your body is perceived and make yourself appear taller. To beat up your height disadvantages when you are on a job interview or a romantic date, follow these tips:
Have the hair style that makes you appear taller. In order to appear taller, a hair style should be thin at the sides
and higher up top, which can make you appear as much as an inch taller. Do not have any wide hair style. Also, a bald head can makes a person appear shorter.
· Avoid clothes with horizontal lines. Belts are horizontal so make sure you conceal it in your clothes.
Avoid clothes with a tartan or checked pattern. Avoid cuffs that makes your legs appear shorter.
· Wear clothes with vertical lines or striping. Vertical lines or stripping make a person appear thinner,
and thinness in turn gives impression of more height.
· Avoid wearing sharply contrasting clothes and pants together, these will easily expose the real length of your legs and make you look shorter.
· Wear clothes with shoulder pads. Shoulder pads make your shoulders appear broader and your whole
· Wear shoes that will make you appear taller. If you are a female, this should be easy since you can find a lot of female shoes with 2 or 3 inches’ heels. For males, wear shoes with thick soles to add the illusion of height.
· Avoid clothes that are made from heavy and bulky fabric. They add width and hence shorten the image visually.
· Wear cuffless pants to make the legs look longer.
· Wear a coat or jacket that is of the perfect length. They should end where the buttocks meet the legs.
· Match your pants’ colour with your shoes colour to make the legs look longer.
· Lengthen your upper torso by wearing a belt that matches your top.
· Dark colours such as black, navy blue, and charcoal grey projects power and competency. Lighter colours make you appear more approachable. If you want a commanding and confident image, try wearing dark colours.
Before you begin any exercise, you need to learn how to breathe properly. Here are the importance of
a) prevent illness (colds, coughing, bronchitis, tuberculosis, etc.)
b) feel well
c) rid your lungs of impur ities and waste (carbon monoxide, lactic acid etc.)
d) carry oxygen to millions of cells (it has been proven that deep breathing carries ten times more oxygen to your organs)
e) combat fatigue
f) increase your energy level
g) calm your nerves
h) sleep better
i) add colour to your complexion as proper breathing increases blood circulation
To increase your height, it is important that your blood is oxygenated as blood provides nourishment to your bones. Regular breathing will also purify your blood. Your lungs are likened to balloons. When pressure is exerted on them, the air must leave. Otherwise, your breathing is blocked and it could cause you harm.
How to breathe properly while exercising
There are three phases to breathing:
1. Inhaling – take in air into your body through the nose
2. Retaining – hold your breath inside your body
3. Exhaling – blow out air from your body through the mouth
Perform your exercises in a well ventilated room so that you will fill your lungs with unpolluted air. For each exercise, breathe deeply.
Exhaling is usually longer than inhaling because it is essential to empty all air from your lungs.
The abdominal breathing exercises will be illustrated as it is considered as the best one.
1. Lying Down
– Lie on your back and stretch completely. Place one hand on your stomach. For better concentration, close your eyes. This exercise is relaxing and can help you rest better.
– Inhale deeply through your nose (you will feel your stomach being filled with air).
– Hold your breath.
– Exhale slowly through your mouth. Your stomach will deflate.
– Contract your stomach to force any remaining air.
2. Standing Position
– Raise your arms from your side to an upward position, parallel to the floor and form a T.
– Inhale through the nose for four seconds.
– Stretch your arms straight up while holding your breath for three seconds.
– Exhale slowly through the mouth while lowering your arms.
– Clasp your hands behind your back, pushing your torso forwards for 12 seconds.
– Push out all the air from your lungs by contracting your stomach muscles.
Bring a tennis ball to work. Sit tall in your chair, place the tennis ball on the painful area and lean into the chair. Pressing against the ball, begin to breathe long and deeply. Take ten or more breaths. Repeat if necessary. Practice all kinds of stretching, including Yoga, Pilates or just simply trying to reach your feet while standing. You should stretch and breathe slowly for best results. Cartilage is a firm yet elastic substance. With the appropriate exercises, you can stretch the cartilage between:
– the vertebrae in the spinal column,
– the thigh bones and,
– the tibia or shin bones.
You can grow by developing your cartilage that will in turn increase the space between the vertebra.
Without proper exercise, the cartilage becomes soft and the bones eventually rub against each other. The spinal column is like a coil. By stretching it up and down, forwards and backwards, side to side, you can become taller.